Submitting a Proposal
Applications are invited from candidates affiliated to a medical or research center in the US, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, and Israel.
Candidates should be able to start work on the project upon successful execution of the award contract and receipt of all applicable research approvals.
CF RIA projects must be completed within 36 months for an Independent Research Innovation Award, or within 24 months for a Mentored Research Innovation Award. Award recipients will be required to provide the steering committee with written progress reports at agreed 6-month intervals.
Please note applications are not being accepted for projects using the following Vertex compounds: VX-152, VX-371, VX-440, VX-445, VX-561, VX-659
The CF RIA 2018 program is a two-stage application process. Applicants must complete the online application form for the category they wish to enter and include supplementary materials as specified.
STAGE 1: Letter of intent (LOI) application
- Select the category you would like to apply for; Independent Research Award or Mentored Research Award
- Download the relevant letter of intent application form from the link below
- Send completed and signed letter of intent applications via email to email@example.com by 8 January 2018, including all supplementary materials as specified in the LOI form
- All letter of intent applications received by the deadline date will be assessed by the steering committee
- All applicants will be notified via email, by 14 February 2018, as to whether or not they have been invited to submit a full proposal
Click here to download an ‘Independent Award’ letter of intent form
Click here to download a ‘Mentored Award’ letter of intent form
STAGE 2: Full Proposal application
- Applicants selected to submit a full proposal will be sent a full proposal application form at the time of notification
- Send completed and signed full proposals via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 March 2018, including all supplementary materials as specified in the application form
- All full proposal applications received by the deadline date will be assessed by the steering committee
- All applicants will be notified via email, by 27 April 2018, of the final award decisions of the committee.