Mentored Research Innovation Award
The Mentored Research Innovation Award provides support for the next generation of CF researchers to conduct a mentored research project in the field of CF and gain the experience needed for future research independence. The selected projects must advance our understanding or treatment of CF.
Up to 4 grants of $125,000 over 2 years will be awarded to support research projects mentored by an established CF researcher. The program is designed to support clinical and non-clinical research in CF and applications are welcome from across the spectrum in this field.
Submitting a proposal
- Mentored trainees working in CF research (basic or clinical)
- PhD, MD, or equivalent
- No more than 8 years from terminal degree
- Does not have an independent research program or independent extramural funding (other than K awards or other training awards)
- Mentored by an established CF researcher
- Performing research in the field of CF
All CF RIA awards are selected by an independent steering committee.
A. Quality of proposal
- Innovation of research
- Feasibility of research
- Alignment to the CF RIA progam’s research focus
B. Ability of principal investigator to deliver the project
- Experience and achievements of the research center in the CF therapeutic area
- Quality and availability of resources
- Adherence to ethical principles
- Mentor commitment
- Design, execution, and monitoring of the research program by the principal investigator
- Demonstrating a reasonable budget
C. Impact of project on understanding or treatment of CF